EPDM liquid rubber is one of the most used materials for individuals looking to seal the roof of their commercial business or home. In fact, this type of product is making the conventional elastomeric nearly obsolete.
Elastomeric systems often require a primer, a base coat, and then a final coat before they are ready to go. This adds to the weight of the roof and really is not worth it when you consider that a liquid rubber roof lasts nearly four times longer. This is because of the chemical structure of the liquid rubber.
There are a number of reasons to choose liquid EPDM rubber, and a few are noted just below:
Why Liquid EPDM Rubber?
- This roof coating system does not require a primer and only requires a single coat of the liquid rubber. This saves time and energy, plus it means you have to buy less of the product.
- This product waterproofs as soon as it is applied. Even if you just got it down and have left the roof, if a rain shower comes through, you have nothing to worry about. It will not allow leaks and you will not have to worry about putting on a new coat.
- Liquid rubber is traditionally made in the United States and is subject to all rules and regulations, so you can be sure that it is safe to use for anyone.
- Through what is called the “curing” process, the rubber can conform to any shape. When it has done so, it is a perfect, seamless surface. You don’t have to worry about seams and inspecting them off and on. After one coat of liquid rubber, your membrane will be complete and may last as many as 15 years without any maintenance.
- This type of coating is environmentally safe, which cannot be said for many other roof coatings.
- Liquid rubber roofing material is resistant to ultra violet and ozone rays, making it safer to use.
- The product is puncture resistant and is virtually odorless once the curing process is complete.
- Pooling water is not competition for this type of material as it can withstand standing water year-round. This is something unique to the product.
Do It Yourself Aspect
Another thing that is important to understand when it comes to this product is that it is easy to apply on your own. There’s no need to have an expert come out for installation and very few tools are needed to apply the liquid rubber. There are tutorials online that can walk you through the entire process if you are not sure where to start.
People are continually switching from traditional roofing sealants to liquid rubber because of the many great benefits that they see in it. Not only is it easy to use, it’s affordable when compared to other options. It’s safe, for you and your entire family. It ensures you have no leaks and your home or business stays in pristine condition. There’s really no reason not to try it, so think about giving it a shot the next time your roof springs a leak!